On 17-08-2020, NIA arrested accused person viz. Abdur Rahman s/o Nassrulla Sharieff r/o Basavangudi, Bangalore in connection with Islamic State Khorasan Province (ISKP) case. Abdul Rahman, 28 years, is working as an Ophthalmologist at M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
2. This case was initially registered by Delhi Police Special Cell in March, 2020, after the arrest of a Kashmiri couple viz. Jahanzaib Sami Wani and his wife Hina Bashir Beigh from Okhla Vihar, Jamia Nagar in Delhi. The couple was found to be having affiliations with ISKP, which is a banned terrorist organisation and is a part of ISIS and were found to be involved in subversive and anti-national activities. They were also found to be in touch with Abdullah Basith, who was already lodged in Tihar jail in another NIA case (ISIS Abu Dabhi Module).
3. During further investigation, NIA arrested two more accused viz. Sadiya Anwar Sheikh & Nabeel Siddick Khatri, both residents of Pune, for being part of the conspiracy to further the activities of ISIS/ISKP in India and to carry out subversive activities in the garb of anti-Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) protests.
4. During interrogation, arrested accused Abdur Rahman confessed that he was conspiring with accused Jahanzaib Sami and other Syria-based ISIS operatives on secure messaging platforms to further ISIS activities. He was in the process of developing a medical application for helping the injured ISIS cadres in the conflict-zones and a weaponry-related application for the benefit of ISIS fighters.
5. Significantly, he had visited an ISIS medical camp in Syria in early 2014 for treatment of ISIS terrorists and stayed with Islamic State operatives for 10 days and returned to India.
6. After arresting him, NIA carried out searches at 03 premises belonging to him in Bangalore with the assistance of Karnataka Police and seized digital devices, mobile phone, laptop containing incriminating material.
7. The arrested accused will be produced before the NIA Special Court at New Delhi and NIA remand will be sought for his custodial interrogation. 8. Further investigation in the case is continued