After successfully organising the first edition of the first-ever International Festival of Spiritual India in Pune in February, 2019, IFSI is now organizing the second edition of IFSI on 31st January, 1st and 2nd February 2020 at Yashada, Pune.
This festival is organised and curated by Dr. Manjiri Prabhu, who is the Director of the most successful Pune International Literary Festival.
IFSI is completely free and open to all. Registration on the website www.ifsi.guru is recommended but not mandatory and on-the-spot registration is also possible.
Objectives of the International Festival of Spiritual India are:
-To demystify the concept of spirituality and bring it to the grass-root level for everyone.
-To make us aware of what Spiritual India means and understand and try to imbibe its values and a holistic lifestyle in our day-to-day existence.
-To understand and connect the myriad thoughts and concepts of spirituality in other parts of the world with those in spiritual India.
-To encourage everyone to find their own path of spirituality.
-To tap and rediscover the deeply engraved spirituality already within us with a union of the mind, body and spirit.
-To help find the tools to lead a fulfilling life.
Structure and Highlights of IFSI:
● The festival will be conducted as a free annual event.
● The second edition will be held on 31st January, 1st and 2nd of February 2020 and will take off with an inaugural function on 31st Jan at 12.15 p.m. at the hands of Mr. Rajiv Mehrotra
● The topics include yoga, faiths, meditation, well-being, arts, food and nutrition, health & happiness, heritage, healing, crystals & energies, harmony and co-existence, communes, soul-connects & twin flames and relationships, etc.
● The formats include workshops, discussions, performances (dance, music), demonstrations and talks by national and international invitees.
● The logo of the festival is specially designed to connote the essence of Indian Spirituality and that of IFSI, which is – The five colour stripes in the background represent the universe and our Earth which is made of five basic elements or ‘Panchmahabhute’ which also constitute our body in which our soul or the spirit of life resides. We need to be in unison with these elements to create and maintain a balance in our life. The tw hands depicting a gesture of Namaskar depicts the core of Indian Philosophy i.e. recognition and respect of another being as a part of universal divinity. It also symbolises an eternal flame of enlightenment or knowledge that manifests within a being through following a spiritual and divine path in life. The circular shape of the logo denotes the ‘Brahmanda’ or the Indian description of the Universe.
Some of the esteemed panellists are
● Mr. Rajiv Mehrotra (Trustee, Foundation for Universal Responsibility of HH The Dalai Lama)
● Dr John Dayal (Member of the National Integration Council of India)
● Mr. Seshadri Chari (Politician, journalist, author, strategic and foreign policy analyst)
● Swami Atmapriyananda (VC of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University)
● Mr. Gian Kumar (Spiritual Author)
● Mr. Reyaz Ahmad
● Mr. Shubhranghshu Roy (Author and politician)
● Sri Dinesh Kashikar (Art Of Living)
● Dr. Ranjit S Bhogal (Scientific Research Department, Kaivalyadhama, Pune)
● Bramhachari Dr. Aditya Gait (Spiritual Director Anand Sangh)
● Dr. P. A. Inamdar (Indian educationist)
● Mr. Tapan Singhel (MD and CEO of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance)
● Dr. Mickey Mehta (Indian holistic health, well-being, wellness, and fitness guru)
● Ms. Mrunal Pawar (Director, sakal papers)
● Ms. Jan Graveson (Actress)
● Dr. Renu Mahtani
● Mr. Samrat Phadnis (Editor, Traditional & Digital Media at Sakal Media Group)
● Ms. Maya Dwajan (Regression, Family constellation and Arts based therapist}
● Dr. Bharat Bhushan (Author and Professor Environmental Planning at YASHADA)
● Mr. Rakesh Bakshi (Son of Lyricist Anand Bakshi)
● Mr. Uday Pendse (Yoga Specialist)
● Ms. Meeran Borwankar (Author and retired as DG Bureau of Police R & D)
● Dr. Venkatesham (Commissioner of Police Pune)
● Mr. Vishnu Manohar (Most admired chef of Central India)
● Ma Aruna Bharti (Osho Ashram)
● Swami Jagdish Bharti (Osho Ashram)
● Bramhachari Nirja
● Bramhachari Sarita Rathi
● Dr. Sujata Vaidya (Director – SUPRA Health Solutions)
● R. J. Sangram (Radio Jockey)
● Ms. Minal Kavishkar (Animal Assisted Therapies)
● Shilpa Datar (Kathak Dancer and Therapist)
● Krishna Iyer ( Director, Tejgyan Global Foundation)
● Mr. Vivek Singhania (CEO and President: Picture Perfect. Film Producer and Writer)
● Dr. Manjeeri Gokhale ( Past Life Regression Healer, Breathwork Rebirther)
● Ms. Maya Dwajan
● Ms. Mona Verma
● Ms. Sanjukta Barik
● Mr. Umesh Pherwani (Actor, Stand-up Comedian)
● Mr. Avi Vasu
● Ms. Nancy Katyal (Image Consultant)
● Isha Foundation
● Ms. Suhasisni Kirloskar
● Ms. Archana Pai Kulkarni
● Milind Kelkar
● Chandrakala Sanap
● Kirti Ramdasi
● Dr. Gauri Joshi
● Hema Myer Sood
Some of the highlights of this three-day bouquet of wonder-filled sessions are:
● Celebrating Diversity – Harmony between Faiths
● The Osho Saga
● The Importance of Scriptures and Vedas
● What do we learn from the Dalai Lama?
● Eternally Ours – Anand Bakshi
● Spiritual Calling
● Spirituality for Parents of Children with Special Needs
● Animals as our Saviours
● Literature and Spirituality
● The Law Enforcer – Tolerance Quotient for Crime
● Why Yoga?
● Energies, Crystals, Healing and More
● The Love-Soul Connections – Facts and Myths
● Body Shaming and Body Complexes
● Spiritually Yours, Vishnu Manohar
● Overcoming the Karmic Trap
● From Mindfulness to Mindlessness
In addition, there are workshops and demonstrations about practical application of various ways of imbibing spirituality in daily life, such as
● Pranayam – Mr. Uday Pendse
● Tapping the Power Within You – Mr. Gian Kumar
● Self Defence for Women and Fitness – Dr. Mickey Mehta
● Health and Happiness – Bramhachari Dr. Aditya Gait (Spiritual Director Anand Sangh)
● Breathing Techniques to Reduce Anxiety and Depression – Dr. Renu Mahtani
● Healing Spirit – Dr. Manjeeri Gokhale
● Therapy Through Performing Arts – Ms. Jan Graveson
● Sound Healing with Tibetan Bowls – Mr. Rishabh Gokhale
● Activating Third Eye Abilities Astral Travel – Dr. Manjeeri Gokhale
● Yoga and Voice Culture – Mr. Rishabh Gokhale
● Emotional Freedom Technique – Ms. Maya Dwajan
● Taming the Monkey Mind – Ms. Anubha Doshi
● Dogs as Therapy Angels – Ms. Aparna Dange
● Dance Therapy – Ms. Mrunal Pawar
● Mind Your Heart – Ms. Mona Verma
● Rajyog Meditation – Bramhakumari Sarita
● NLP Workshop – Umesh Pherwani
● Balancing Chakras and Healing with Crystals – Kuhoo Gupta
● Art and Spirituality – Ms. Sanjukta Bari.
Other experiences at IFSI:
There will be 15 minute Guided Meditations such as Mudra, Sound Vibrations, Panchkosha, etc.
There will be an Exclusive Exhibition “Dalai Lama – “Celebrating Diversity”, facilitated with support from ‘The Foundation for Universal Responsibility of His Holiness the Dalai Lama’
Bodhivan – a scared dedicated space to release emotional baggage with different self-techniques
An experiential game for falling in love ‘The Quiver Game’ with Mr. Avi Vasu and Mr. Vasu Ramanujan