January 8, 2021: India Pulses and Grains Association (IPGA), the nodal body for India’s pulses trade and industry has announced an Advisory Committee with stalwarts from the agriculture sector of India to further, enhance its standing as India’s leading think tank and knowledge hub on the pulses and grains industry.
The Advisory Committee will essentially play the role of guide, mentor, and advisor to the IPGA Management. The objective behind setting up this five-member committee is to help the IPGA Management gain further insights and understanding into the pulses sector, provide better support to its stakeholders, and provide more informed, nuanced, and effective policy inputs and recommendations to the government.
The Advisory Committee comprises of the following members:
· Mr Ashish Bahuguna – Public Interest Director, Board of National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Ltd.; Former Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India; Former Chairperson, Food Safety & Standards Authority of India
· Dr Jeet Singh Sandhu – renowned agricultural scientist and Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Sri Karan Narendra Agriculture University, Jobner Jaipur, Rajasthan
· Dr Narendra Pratap Singh – Director of Indian Institute of Pulses Research (IIPR), Kanpur and President, Indian Society of Pulses Research and Development, IIPR
· Mr Yogesh Thorat – Managing Director, MAHA Farmers Producers Company Ltd. (MAHAFPC).
· Ms Aashish Kasad – Chartered Accountant and Partner with a Big4, Indian Tax and Regulations Expert, Former Lead Partner to Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India